Friday, June 19, 2009



Term 2 for Animation Mentor is complete!

Here is a compilation of all my assignments thus far, starting with the most recent. I'll explain the first 3, and the ones from class 1 are pretty straight forward, so you can figure that out on your own ;)

- Dance
- Drunken Stumble
- Jump and 180 Turn

I've fallen in love with Maya, I really REALLY like animating in 3D! It takes a little while to get used to, but every assignment shows me something new and I'm loving it all :)

Let me know what you think, like or dislike, and if you guys have suggestions for 3 consecutive shots I have to do next term... something just displaying body mechanics again, the model will be the same one from the dance, so no talking yet.

Thanks everyone!

6 comments:

Shane Plante said...

God, this is awesome! this is really, really REALLY getting me pumped for mentor!

GREAT WORK as always, nicole...I can't wait to see more!

Dan Elder said...

Hey P, I would love to comment, but like we talked about I cant see the vid(s). Get in touch with me maybe send em over Gmail or something I would like to see what all your hard work has amounted to so far.

Lovies
-DAN-

Shane Plante said...

Man, Hahaha I have been watching this for the last 15 mintues, the feet on the Dance kill me....I love Carleton...

Awesome...

Kim Buck said...

WOW NICOLE!!!! I LOVE that dancing one! ahh these are all great, you pixar animator you!!! <3333

Meaghan Peer; said...

Hey Nicole, Very good work! This term was certainly very challenging, I'm very impressed with how your dance turned out! I find the head kinda jerks at the accents @ the beginning - Maybe you could add some overlap to make it a bit less jarring? The drunken stumble looked really hard! I think you did really well on it, though at around f66 (the slow part) I would have staggered the body rotations, to look more like a limp noodle, I find the body seems a little bit stiff in that area. Your work looks very polished and professional, and I am certain you're going to rock hard next term, so GOOD LUCK (for both of us!!) I'll be rooting for ya!!

-Meg
BTW the renders are SWEET and simple.. I tried using a basic mental ray render like you have, but it looked washed out for me : /

ExecuThink said...

That looks amazing. Thanks for sharing Nicole.

Mark (Jesse's cuz)